Group Guides Bundle
This bundle is six (6) of our popular group guides for one low price. They’re created for you to walk through with other dads and sons in a group—and know what to say and when to say it when it comes to biblical manhood.
6 Bible Studies. One Great Price.
Learn more about each guide in this group bundle:
1. Embarking Group
Want to be an intentional dad? You just need to start. This is your start. If you struggle to point your son in the right direction in this crazy world, our Embarking Group Guide is the biblical manhood compass. The Embarking Group module is the starting point for all fathers and sons. It will help you and your group get oriented to five key areas of biblical manhood. Here’s what you can expect from the entire Embarking Group Guide:
- Preparing for the journey > The “Five Big Rocks”
- Setting out on the journey
- Relying on the compass > a godly man trust
- Seeking guidance along the way >
- A godly man knows His Word
- A godly man prays fervently
- Encountering others along the way >
- A godly man build relationships
- A godly man serves others
- We have embarked—where to next?
This module will get fathers and sons talking with straightforward questions and easy-to-tackle subject matter. Learn more about the Embarking Group Guide.
2. Clean Hearts Group
Is your heart ready for God’s work? Young men can be uniquely challenged in the area of purity – and not just related to sexual temptation. They need to be kept pure from greed, selfishness and other destructive life patterns. This guide does not focus exclusively on sexual topics, but, depending on how you handle it, those may come up. This could help you establish an age-appropriate and safe environment to discuss how men can stay untarnished by the world and be a clean, ready vessel for the Father’s use. Dads and sons will walk through this study together and learn the following:
- The Purity Principles
- Drink the Word
- Guard the heart
- Chase Righteousness
- Abide in Christ
- Act on what we’ve learned
Learn more about the Clean Hearts Group Guide.
3. Standing Strong Group
Are you ready for battle? This life and the enemy throw a lot at men – from pride to temptation to chasing significance through our careers. Standing Strong focuses on tools we can use to defend our ground and advance God’s cause for our lives. This guide will help empower you and the young man you’re mentoring to be victorious against the schemes of the evil one. This guide concludes with a powerful exercise that will help you both build a personalized battle plan. Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll cover with your group in this guide:
- Preparing for battle > we must know that a battle is raging and we are in it
- Friend or foe? Knowing your enemies from your allies
- Suiting up and standing your ground > we must be firm in the Lord, ready for anything
- The belt, breastplate, boots and shield > putting on key elements of God’s armor gives us strength
- The helmet of salvation and Sword of the Spirit > salvation and God’s Word help us fight courageously
- Creating your battle plan > arming ourselves appropriately based on our unique makeup
Learn more about the Standing Strong Group Guide.
4. Manhood Myths Group
Do you know the four Manhood Myths? You and your son are bombarded with lies from the enemy. These lies come in some attractive forms and are often disguised behind honorable pursuits. We believe success is defined by our possessions, since after all, we are just providing for our families. Or, we justify being unloving by believing the lie of the macho, unfeeling man. This guide helps you discuss four lies to which men fall prey, and how to expose them by becoming biblical “lie detectors.” In this guide, dads and sons will learn how to be biblical lie detectors and walk through the four (4) manhood myths:
Myth #1 > Men are always strong and don’t ask for help
Myth #2 > Success is having more or doing better than others
Myth #3 > No one should impose his beliefs on anyone else
Myth #4 > God wants us to always be happy
Do you know how to handle these myths? Are you confident enough to lead your group through them? No worries. We can help. Learn more about the Manhood Myths Group Guide.
5. Working Well Group
Working hard or hardly working? Working Well explores God’s design for careers, responsibility and productivity. Doing rewarding work is a blessing we can help our young men discover. This guide is highly relevant for young men. It will help you discuss with with your son how schooling and chores are their current “job.” Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll cover with your son through this guide:
- Seeing work through God’s eyes
- Working to develop character
- Satisfying work
- Working to serve God and others
- Resisting satan’s fiery arrows at work
- Charting the future
This guide isn’t a career-counseling course, but may help your son or young man you’re mentoring discover what he wants to be when he grows up. Even better, you might discover who you want to be! Learn more about the Working Well Group Guide.
6. Leading Lessons Group
So you want to be a leader? Leadership is a popular topic. For men, it often centers on how to lead a business or sports team. But, as we explore biblical leadership, we see patterns formed by servant leadership, loving others, serving others and putting their needs above our own. We see that leadership equals service. This guide explores the power of God in our lives and how we as leaders should pray and serve. It draws on the deep well of leadership wisdom from the Book of Proverbs. You can walk with your group through these leadership topics:
- Why leaders make rules
- Leaders follow first
- Power > Leaders learn the art of being humbly influential
- Proverbs > Leaders are continually sharpened by wisdom
- Prayer > Leaders discover the mind of God
- Who wants to lead? Leaders must be shepherds
Learn more about the Leading Lessons Group Guide.
Format: PDF; mobile; to be used on any device.